?☕ BIBLE BREAKFAST (#340) 2/28/20 (eng)
“Prayer of faith- gift from God”
? James 5:15 “And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven.”
– The combination of the words “prayer and faith” are not completely accurate. James says it correctly: “prayer of faith”, aka a prayer without faith is not a prayer at all. They cannot be separate.
– If you are to separate faith from prayer or prayer from faith, then this kind of prayer is like a “prayer to the ceiling”…
– Prayer- is a supernatural action. That is why prayer without faith is not prayer at all
– In what way is this expressed?
– First: Is it not a miracle when a person is praying and speaking words of prayer in their room and believing that God, who they physically can’t see, hears them?
– For people who are without faith, this seems absurd to be talking with someone that you do not see.
– A believer, however, does not think about this and talks to God in any place without a second thought and with faith, believing that God hears him. Jonah did this even from within the whale, absolutely not doubting that God can hear him from there.
– Second: Understanding that I am not the only one praying but there are millions, even billions of people who are praying to God at the same time as me, I pray without any doubt in the fact that my prayer will not be lost among the billion voices aimed towards God.
– Knowing God, I do not have the slightest doubt in God’s ability to hear every person simultaneously, to be able to differentiate everyone, and at the same time be able to carry a conversation and not lose any of it.
– For those who do not know God, for the unbelievers who think logically and judge God by human standards and abilities, this seems impossible and unrealistic.
– Third: A person who is praying believes in the strength and ability of the One to whom he turns to and entrusts his/ her needs to. They believe that absolutely everything depends on God; they believe that absolutely everything is in His hands; they believe that without Him, we cannot do anything.
– At the same time, this will seem “childish” to the one without faith. A person observing the life of Christians made a conclusion and sincerely confessed: “You are strange people. You can’t even eat without God… every time you sit at the table, you pray…”
– If you take faith out of prayer, if will be viewed this way, the way that an unbeliever views it. For Christians, “a prayer of faith” is God given, supernatural form of communication with Him, how He Himself says: “So Jesus answered and said to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but also if you say to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ it will be done. And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will recieve.” (Matthew 21:21-22)
– Prayer with faith- is a gift for people from God. If you take this gift away from us, the communication with God, even leaving just prayer without faith, it will be just an “empty conversation”, not more than a religious ritual. Value this gift of faith and use it always!
? Have a good and special day and always have a prayer of faith on your lips! (With prayer, Valeriy Bayko)
?P.S. If needed, share this with others. Thank you for the re-post.